Monday, February 27, 2006

Sideline Knitting Olympics....& I didn't finish

Well the Olympics are over and so are the Knitting Olympics. I was too late in signing up for the KO so I have been just participation on the sideline. Opps even from the sideline I did not finish; my life got too hectic [or really just stayed as hectic as it always is...I've got to continue to try to relax more]. I had two weekends during the KO's that should have been plenty of time to knit the pair of socks I choose [using size 3 needles - the smallest I have ever tried]. First weekend my Husband & I were scheduled to work at the Indio Date Festival [we are part of the Early Day Gas Engine & Tractor Assocation]. I thought this would be a perfect time for me to get some knitting done -- WRONG. Between keeping the engines running, talking with fairgoers and dealing with the cold and wind I think I frogged more than I knit. I kept having to put my knitting down in mid-row / rib and then forget where I was when I finally would get to pick it back up. By Monday I decided I was doing more damage than progress.

Fortunatly during the week I was able to make good progress and got down to the heel flap on the second sock. This past weekend we were at an auto swap meet Fri, Sat and Sun [morning] but again just not good for knitting -- too many interuptions. I got the heel flap finished [32 short rows in 2 days....that is SLOW for me]. Got home mid-day on Sunday and was able to fly on the knitting almost finished down to the toe decrease. BUT the Olympics are over and I didn't finish so I can't even give myself a Sideline Olympics medal.....I will finish the socks and I will remember that my true reward will be a wonderful pair of hand knit socks.

No comments: