Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why is my life sooooooo busy?

What is my problem? I look at my schedule and there "ain't" no free time!!! Every weekend has something planned and most week nights I have some sort of meeting. Oh yeah, I work full time and have about an hour commute each way. WHY do I let myself get in these spots????

We [hublet & I] moved to a rural community about 12 years ago. We thought that it would lead to a quiet calm life.......WRONG. I seem to have a habit of volunteering for every need that comes along. I'm on our Volunteer Fire Fighter's Board [Treasurer]; Immediate Past President of the local Kiwanis and just chaired a pancake breakfast this past weekend; Board Member of "Branch 22" of the Early Day Gas Engine & Tractor Assoc.; recently ending term as Planning Board Member; will be working the 3-Day/60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk for the 4th year in a row. Gee there must be something else I NEED to do? God I'm crazy!!!

Hublet and I have been saying [he is as bad as me only he is retired] for the last year or so that we NEED to cut back. It's not happening. We just can't seem to say NO.... you know needs in the community, needs in our neighborhood, needs in our different clubs.....no one else steps up.....it needs to be done.......arrrgh!

So what is my problem? There just isn't enough time to KNIT. It's not fair.....whine, whine, whine, cry cry. Do you feel sorry for me...sniff sniff. O.K. maybe. not. You probably will just tell me IT IS MY OWN D*MN FAULT. Yeah right.

On the good front I did make more progress on my Sunrise Circle Jacket, I am almost done with the right front. I am getting real nervous however cause I am down to less than 3 skeins of yarn and I still have to knit up the back...o.k. the back is just the back, no sleeve parts etc - so I am praying that I will have enough yarn. I should finish the front tonight and cast on for the back. We are planning a road trip to Las Vegas [Friend's daughter's wedding] this weekend so I should have plenty of knitting time.... now I just hope I have plenty of yarn. I'll update you when I know. Good News or bad???

No comments: