Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm Bored ---- or the teenager's lament

No I'm not bored [don't I wish I had time to be bored] but

Yep, we have a teenage grandson visiting with us [one is still here] and yesterday I heard it....yep I knew it would be coming...that teenage lament "I'm Bored". I will grant you that where we live it is quiet, rural and there is basically nothing to do. But I had to laugh cause I know even if we were in the middle of all the hustle & bustle of a big city it was only a matter of time before I heard "I'm Bored". I resisted my usual response which is "What I wouldn't do to be bored; you really ought to enjoy it while you get the chance". I know now that myself and every other adult I know would love the luxury of being bored..of having NOTHING to do. Ahh just sit back for a minute and dream upon the thought of nothing to do...I mean NOTHING, not that little nagging voice that says you need to..clean something, file something, work on something..you know whatever, just imagine NOTHING. For me, at least, that little voice never shuts down. I digress..back to the bored grandson

I am trying to remember it is his vacation and we have tried to give him things to do and even a few people his age to met. But inside myself I have to chuckle cause I knew it was just a matter of time before I heard the old "I'm Bored". Ah well it is just about the weekend..so we shall see what we get up to in the next couple of days.

No comments: